Hello to those interested in basketball:
We had several recently complete the first survey we have ever sent out and really appreciate all the feedback we received. 85% of those that responded have a player between kindergarten and 6th grade. A summary of the key results is below.
Divisions preferred that we offer:
- 56% prefer divisions to be offered by grade such as 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, etc.
- 27% prefer divisions by single ages such as 6YO, 7YO, 8YO, etc.
- 17% prefer the division groups we have offered in past seasons (5/6YOs, 7/8YOs, 9/10YOs, etc.).
In How Teams Are Formed:
- 64% prefer to be on a team based on their request for a specific coach or teammate.
- 22% prefer to be on a team close to their school or with school classmates.
- 14% prefer teams to be formed by a draft.
Number of games:
- 74% prefer an 8-game regular season plus a tournament.
- 14% prefer a 6-game season.
- 12% prefer a 7-game season.
For our question on whether pre-K and Kindergarten prefer a 3x3 or a 5x5 format, the responses were split.
For this upcoming season, we are going to open registration one week from yesterday, on 08/31 at 10:00AM. This is three weeks earlier than normal as this earlier registration date will give us more time to locate head coaches based on registration counts. We are also starting registration with higher capacity for our 6th graders and younger.
We expect to have our Basketball Program link on our website with our season approach finalized this Monday (08/28). Again, we really appreciate the feedback. We hope our registration capacity change will lessen frustrations and as always, thanks for having your family with us.