Spring 2021 Baseball
The Brentwood Ball Club provides an opportunity for kids up to 18 years old to have a place to play organized baseball in the city of Brentwood.
As the service provider of baseball for the City of Brentwood, we pay the City of Brentwood a $25 fee per player that resides outside the city of Brentwood (to be shown as Non-Resident fee) and pay an additional $10 fee for players outside Williamson County (to be shown as Non-Williamson County fee).
If you register in our program, your player will be placed on a team regardless of where you live (in or out of the city of Brentwood, in or out of Williamson County). We are happy to have you with us wherever you live.
If you need help registering, click here for the How To Register. If you have forgotten your account info to include a password, send us an email at [email protected] and we will provide. Baseball players will register for the age division dependent upon their age on May 1, 2021. If an exception needs to be considered, please send us an email at [email protected].
What Division to Register to:
Based on age, most players will have the opportunity to register for the division of their current age and one age group higher. If you see a program, your player is old enough. If you click Available Programs and do not see the next age up you are interested in, send us an email and we can share if your player can play up to the next division. We will have a recreational division and an open (travel) division. You would only sign up for an open (travel) division if you are already rostered on a travel team. We do not place players on any travel team even if you register to that division. For those on an open division team, the league makes no requirements of those coaches for equal playing time for all players.
Click here to view a summarized view of our baseball divisions to include rec and travel programs.
4-5YO Coach Pitch / Tee Ball (players cannot be 6 before May 1, 2021)
6YO Coach Pitch (players cannot be 7 before May 1, 2021)
7YO Coach Pitch (players cannot be 8 before May 1, 2021)
8YO Coach Pitch (players cannot be 9 before May 1, 2021)
9-10YO Kid Pitch (players cannot be 11 before May 1, 2021)
11-12YO (players cannot be 13 before May 1, 2021)
13-15YO (players cannot be 16 before May 1, 2021)
16-18YO (players cannot be 19 before May 1, 2021)
Click here for details on our Registrations Fees and what they include.
Difference Between Travel (Open) Division vs Recreational (Draft)
Travel baseball/softball is a step up competitively from recreational baseball/softball. It can be a considerable increase in player commitment, skill level and dedication depending on the team. Some of our travel teams will play weekend tournaments most weekends. Others will play periodically. The price varies by team. The number of games and practices vary by team. And in our travel (open) division, playing time is between coach and player/family. Many of our families have a great experience but a few can be challenged with it based on playing time, frequency of practice/games, etc. Our travel teams will use the fields as early as 02/01 and go well into July. We will share tryout info for travel teams if requested but play no part in their player selections.
Our rec teams will start use from late February to late May. Prior to games starting the week of 03/22, rec and travel teams will be provided two practice slots per week and then one slot per week during the regular season. Once regular season games are completed, our travel teams will have two slots per week but some weeks may have more than two.
Wait List & Registration Timing
Any desired protected player still has the responsibility to register before their division is full. Any registering after a Wait list starts does not guarantee a spot on a team.
Because our uniforms will be ordered with MLB names on the front and those uniforms must be ordered before teams are set due to manufacturer historical inventory challenges, we will provide the size requested in the player registration record or one size larger.
How our Recreational Teams are formed:
Our 4/5/6YO teams are formed based on parent requests. Our 7YO and older teams start with 6 protected players and complete a draft to complete their roster. Click here for more details on how teams are formed.
Where Games Are Played
- We will schedule games for ages up to 12-years old at Civitan Park and at Crockett Park (located behind Crockett Elementary School). For ages 13-years old to 18-years old, our home field is Granny White Park (located behind Brentwood Middle & High Schools).
- The city of Brentwood Park & Rec Department will decide the status of Crockett Park and Granny White Park as to whether open or closed. The Brentwood Ball Club will determine that for Civitan Park.
When Games Are Played
- The game schedule cannot be set until registration is complete, our head coaches have all been identified and rosters have been set. The game schedule for 12YO & Younger will be published no later than 03/08/21 as games start 03/22/21.
- Based on weather, the league makes decisions on weather impacts and will reschedule any impacted games, typically no sooner than a couple of days. Practices may not be replaced and coaches may decide their practice status without the league.
- Each rec division will play a weekday game and one Saturday game per week. This assumes we have an even number of teams. While not limited to a specific day, the typical weekdays are as follows:
4/5YO and 6YO playing mostly on Mondays
7YOs playing mostly on Tuesdays with occasional Thursdays
8YOs playing mostly Thursdays with occasional Tuesdays
9YOs, 10YOs and 11/12YOs may play any day of the week
13YOs & Older are planned to play doubleheaders on Saturdays with no weekday games.
- Our open division teams will be scheduled for weekday games. The league will set the game schedule leading up to the tournament but it is possible some games could occur after the tournament if desired. Open teams must play at least half of their games to be eligible for the tournament and there are no refunds for not getting all the games in. Teams would have until the end of June if not completed prior to the tournament. This is a likely scenario for some 12YO teams due to middle school.
- All home games will occur at Civitan Park or Crockett Park. Our rec teams will only play games at one of those two parks but open teams could play elsewhere, depending on a specific division.
Note: We will ask head coaches for their date conflicts and preferences and this will influence changes to the above. - If every team is playing on Saturdays - because we have an even number of teams - the head coaches could request certain times to avoid on a particular Saturday.
When Practices Occur
- Practices may occur any day of the week. The length of practice will depend on the age group. Our younger ages will get shorter times (60-75 minutes) and older age groups will get longer times (90-120 minutes)
- Prior to games starting in late March, teams will be scheduled for two practice slots per week. Once games start, it is one per week and the frequency of use by head coach may vary. Once games start, our youngest groups usually don't practice as three days a week is too much.
- Player refunds are not provided based on an undesired practice slots.
Timing of Activities
- For the timing of activities, please refer to our Key Dates link on our website.
Rules of Play
- We have a link on our website that identifies the rules of play for all of our age division. Please review that info.
- We use coach pitch through 8YOs and kid pitch starting at 9/10YOs. The coach pitcher distance for 7YOs and 8YOs are 36'. The distance for the younger ages will vary from 8' to 12' depending on the player. Some of our younger players will use a tee for their first swing or after 5 coach pitches will use the tee at that time.
- We start keeping score at 7YOs.
Coach Requirements are as follows:
- To create a volunteer record every season. That process will complete the concussion awareness checklist and the code of conduct agreement for coaches.
- To submit to a background check every 3 years with acceptable results
- Safe keeping & management of your league provided equipment, and return at end of season. Complete player exit ratings (7YO & Older) for the season.
- Attend our coach meetings
Note1: For assistance on all of the above, click the How To For Coaches link on our website.
Note2: To be recognized as wanting to coach, you must create a Volunteer record.