Please refer to the Rules of Play Summer link for rules for each division.
Click our Key Dates link for the timing of activities.
Below is our "Summer League" softball program description:
1. The summer season will consist of 6 games occurring between June 12 and July 15, all at Civitan Park (behind Lipscomb Elementary School). We will not schedule games from July 1-8. There is a 10-day period (Jun 3-11) for each team to schedule 2-3 practices prior to games starting. Once games start, teams may practice on the weekends if desired.
2. Games are timed as:
90 minutes for 9/10YO and 11/12YO
Games will stop at time during the middle of an inning if time is reached. Time starts no later than the scheduled game start time.
3. Depending on player counts, teams may have games on Monday evenings, Tuesday evenings, Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings. We will try to limit weekend games where possible.
4. For 7YO and older, while the score is not kept and scoreboards will not be used, there is a 5-run limit per inning. There are no run rule (mercy rule) limits as the game will end at time.
5. Age divisions are based on player age as of 09/01/22. We have some flexibility with that based on player skill level and grade level exemption. If a player is allowed to play down, they are not allowed to pitch in kid pitch. If they played for a travel team in the spring, they are not allowed to play down in our summer league.
6. Players can play in the same division as their spring 2023 season or one division up. You don't have to be a participant from our spring season to participate in the summer season.
7. The league will provide player shirts for each team and a shirt for the head coach. Players to participate will wear the league provided shirts. Because of the varying summer heat, softball pants are not a requirement. Shorts can be worn but understand that does create sliding limits for players.
8. The league provides balls for all games. Players provide their own bat, glove and helmet.
9. Due to the summer heat, umpires may call pitches for kid pitch behind the pitcher's mound.
10. We will use one umpire. Our club will provide ALL umpires for softball.
11. Softball registration is female only.
12. All games are to occur between the teams within our league.
13. Unlike our spring and fall seasons, there are no non-residency fees to apply for anyone that lives outside the city of Brentwood.
14. Teams are formed based on parent requests, neighborhoods, and schools although we reserve the right to adjust rosters to improve competitiveness of each team. While travel players are welcome, this is a recreational program so no already formed travel teams will play. Teams will be limited to no more than 4 travel players on one team.
15. Softball bat requirements will follow our spring 2023 softball rules.
16. All registrations occur through our website. When registering, a user will be charged a $3 service fee and a credit card processing fee. The service fee applies per transaction and to avoid $3 per player, you can register more than one player in the one transaction.
Current registration rates (as of May 12) subject to change:
$135.00 for 9/10YO Softball and 11/13YO Softball
How to Get Started Log into your account. Click Programs Available to the right of your player's name. Complete the registration all the way through the payment screen.
FIRST TIME REGISTERING: When you are at our website (brentwoodballclub.com), in the upper right, there are two links shown as "Register / Login". As a new user, click the "Register" link. Under the "New Customer Primary Contact", enter all information and then click "Create New Account". When you log in, "My Account" will appear.
To register a player for a season, click the "Add Participant" link, which is the circle with three dots to the right of your Participants list.
Now refresh the screen and click Programs Available to the right of your player’s name. Registrations must be completed all the way through the payment screen.
If your player ends up on the wait list, if and once activated, you will have 24 hours to pay. The reason for the limit is because if activated, it would likely be during the roster setting process, so we have a short window to complete.