Below are the current
requirements we have for COVID safety with our basketball program:
1. Each team must have a minimum of two designated parents (as Team Volunteers) to
conduct two activities:
- To assist with entrance
requirements – temp checks, questions.
- To assist in cleaning
(sanitizing high traffic areas) after games and practices.
entrance will be allowed until cleaning is complete and the temperature check
process can be set up.
checks (MUST be less than 99.9) will be required upon entrance into a facility
and the standard COVID-19 questions you will see in our registration and you
hear at a doctor’s office will be asked prior to gym entrance.
end time to the next start time has been spaced 30 minutes apart. This will allow
participants and supporters to leave a gym before the next teams come in for
their games. Games typically last 35 to 50 minutes.
- Participants and fans are
to enter no sooner than 15 minutes prior to the game start time.
- All attendees must depart
the gym within 10 minutes of their end time.
4. Practice end time to next start time has been spaced apart end to start of the
next group by 15 minutes. This allows participants and supporters to leave
before the next teams come in for their practices.
- Participants and fans may
enter no sooner than 5 minutes prior to the practice start time.
- All attendees are to
depart the gym within 5 minutes of their end time.
5. Attendance limits are as follows:
- Effective 01/17, attendees
at practice are limited to players, registered coaches, one parent per player
and two Team Volunteers.
- For games, there can be no
more than 4 attendees per parent and those attendees must be in the same
household as the player.
registered players can participate in practice sessions. Only registered
players and up to two coaches can sit on the bench for games.
masks or coverings are required at all times, excluding those who are actively
participating on the court.
materials and check in materials are provided and will be replenished at each
gym throughout the season. Cleaning materials are intended for high traffic
areas at the gym.
meetings after games and practices need to occur outside the gym.
will be no handshake lines, high fives, etc.
11. The schools do not allow any food or drinks other than water in the gyms.
head coach or one of the assistant coaches must be designated to keep our club
up to date on any COVID-19 related issues (i.e. positive test, quarantines,
etc.) for their team that occur within basketball, school, etc.
updates occur to this list, we will share with our coaches and parents.
The 5 Questions that must have a No
for gym entry:
1. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of
COVID-19 in the past 14- days? (this does not apply to medical personnel, first
responders, or others who encounter COVID-19 as part of their professional or
care giving duties while wearing appropriate PPE).
2. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or
3. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
4. Have you had any new loss of taste or smell?
5. Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?