For the June/July 2020 season – 9/10YO and 11/12YO REC Division:
See the Coach Requirements and Coach & Parent Behavior links as these apply for all age divisions
**Rules violations are to be identified at the time of infraction. We expect coaches to work together throughout a game to minimize any issues.
**Games and practices will be cancelled due to weather on the decision of the league. Rescheduled games have priority over any practice schedules. We will provide 48-hour notice on rescheduled games.
Field & Game Limits
1. Base paths are 60' for 9/10YO and 70’ for 11/12YOs.
2. Pitcher rubber to home plate is 46’ for 9/10YO and 50’ for 11/12YOs.
3. Game is stopped at 90 minutes.
4. Music is not allowed to be played during games.
5. The infield fly rule applies.
6. The dropped third strike rule applies only for 11/12YO play.
7. Teams cannot warm up on the infield prior to the game in foul or fair territory. They must warm up in the outfield.
8. Batting cages are to be used on game night only by teams with a game. To share, teams should limit pitches to 7 per batter.
9. Fake bunting and swinging for a pitch is not allowed and the batter will be called out.
10. There are no bunting limits.
11. There are 3 outfielders, 4 infielders, a pitcher and a catcher on defense.
1. All players must be in the batting order to bat.
2. Coaches use free substitution in the field. Players are not to sit consecutive innings in the field meaning a player can play 1B in the 1st, sit in the 2nd, play 1B in the 3rd but cannot sit the 1st and 2nd.
3. Players arriving after game time must be placed at the bottom of the order.
4. Courtesy runners are to be used for catchers and pitchers. Use the last batted out as the courtesy runner. The catcher of record is the only one that can have a courtesy runner, not a catcher in the next inning.
1. Considering we re-positioned the rosters post draft and lost some players from the draft, we will not keep score.
2. An inning is complete when a team bats all players or 3 outs are recorded, whichever occurs first. In the event a team has 8 players (amount needed to start a game), that team may bat 9 players in an inning.
1. Unless the bat is stamped with the new USA Baseball Stamp, the bat barrel may not exceed 2 ¼” in diameter.
2. A drop 3 bat is only allowed on 60/90 fields, which those fields start at 13YO.
3. Use of an illegal bat, not following the above, results in an out called. This is treated as a dead ball where runners return to the base prior to the ball batted into play.
Stoppage of Play
1. This is a stop the runner format but once the pitcher is on the mound, the ump can stop the play.
1. New pitchers to an inning are allowed EIGHT warm up tosses that include any in front, behind or on the mound.
2. Existing pitchers are allowed FIVE pitches after their second and following innings.
3. If three batters are hit during the game by a pitcher, that pitcher must be pulled from pitching and cannot return to pitch later in the same game.
4. The pitcher must be pulled on the 2nd trip to the mound in the same inning.
5. A pitcher may re-enter the same game unless he was pulled due to 2nd trip in same inning.
6. Balks in 11/12YO play are called as they occur after the first warning per pitcher.
Pitch Count Limits Regular Season
1. The "Maximum Pitch Counts" per game are 75 pitches for 9-10YOs and 85 pitches for 11-12YOs. A pitcher will be allowed to finish a batter if they reach their limit during the at bat.
2. Any pitcher reaching the game count limit cannot pitch in league play for the next 4 calendar days (pitch limit on Saturday, cannot pitch until Thursday).
3. Any pitcher reaching 40 pitches in a game cannot pitch the next day (pitch Saturday, cannot pitch until Monday)
4. Any pitcher reaching 55 pitches in a game cannot pitch for two days (pitch Saturday, cannot pitch until Tuesday).
Player Shortage & Sub Rules
1. If you need a Substitute player due to a short roster (less than 10), the opposing team can provide a fielder by inning. If you are short players, it is ok to use an adult in place of the player-catcher to retrieve balls.
2. Teams may start a game with no less than 8 players.
3. If a player starts the game and leaves for any reason, they will be skipped in the order.
1. Lead offs are allowed are allowed for 11/12YO play, but not 9/10YO play. In 9/10YO play, the runner cannot advance off the base until a thrown pitch passes home plate.
2. Any base can be stolen. Once the pitcher is on the mound, the play is considered stopped until the next pitch.
3. Players must attempt to avoid contact. A Player can be called out if contact is not avoided; this is a judgment call by the umpire.
4. There are no sliding method rules except at home plate. On any play at home plate, players must slide feet first, if sliding and avoid a collision with the catcher. If not sliding, they must also avoid a collision. The catcher may block the plate only if he has the ball.
5. A base runner is required to do whatever is needed to avoid a fielder who is fielding a batted ball. A runner is out for running out of the baseline, only when attempting to avoid a tag.