For the 2020 season – 4/5YO and 6YO Division:
See the Coach & Parent Behavior links as these apply for all age divisions
For both age divisions, a coach will attempt to pitch to each batter from a short distance and usually from one knee. If the batter is unsuccessful at five pitches, a tee is used. Batters may immediately use a tee if desired.
Field & Game Limits
1. Base paths are 60'.
2. Time limits are 60 minutes from scheduled start time. If you start late, the game end time is still one hour from the scheduled start time. Coaches may end games early.
3. Teams cannot warm up on the infield prior to the game in foul or fair territory. They must warm up in the outfield.
4. There is a 5-pitch format where kids must bat the ball into play during those five pitches. If not, the tee must be used to complete the at bat.
5. In 4/5YO play, runners do not advance past a single base during an at bat.
6. In 6YO play, a player hitting the ball to the outfield may advance another base as can the runners in front of the batter.
7. Outs in the 6YO division result in the player returning to the dugout while we keep players on bases in the 4/5YO division. We will use umpires for 6YO play starting the second Saturday of the season. They will call safe and out on the bases.
1. Teams must bat all players and use free substitution.
2. If you have more than 9 players, no player is to sit two consecutive innings on defense.
3. Players arriving after game time will be placed last in the batting lineup order.
1. We do not keep score.
1. Unless the bat is stamped with the new USA Baseball Stamp, the bat barrel may not exceed 2 ¼” in diameter. A drop 3 bat is only allowed on 60/90 fields, which those fields start at 13YO.
1. All players are to be placed in one of the following 10 positions – 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, P, C, RF, RCF, LCF, LF. If you have more than 10 players, additional players may be placed in the outfield. We suggest one of the assistants or parents take the more than 5 outfielders to the corner of right field and practice grounders, short toss, etc.
2. The pitcher must wear a helmet but must only be their helmet.
3. The outfielders must be in the outfield grass. The outfielders must be positioned behind the start of the outfield grass until the ball is hit.